A Note From Turnkey Mate
79% of patients said that scheduling a telemedicine follow-up visit was more convenient than arranging an in-person follow-up, according to Massachusetts General Hospital.
"Creativity is contagious, pass it on.” - Albert Einstein
Why Telemedicine Marketing For Your Practice Is Important
Marketing is an essential step for the successful introduction of a new product. Marketing efforts can be as trivial as word of mouth, and sometimes, just that is enough. However, when the product in question is telehealth, additional efforts must be taken. By marketing your services correctly, you will be able to attract the demographic that needs it most.
Telemedicine is centered on the concept of providing healthcare services to patients at any time and any place. The only requirement is a digital device, which becomes the medium for communication in this case. With consumerism now a substantial factor in the healthcare marketplace, patients are currently seeking increased control over their healthcare decisions.
However, despite being so idealistic and convivially needed, telehealth services are still not welcomed the way they should be. That is because the telemedicine providers fail to market the service properly. So, the question arises: how do you advertise telemedicine service?
Identify Your Target Market For Easier Telemedicine Marketing
The key to generating more value from telemedicine marketing is first to understand the audiences you’re hoping to reach. Do this by collecting information about your desired audience with questions like:
- Will you offer healthcare services only to specific types of patients, or will you take a more generic approach?
- What is the most favored time of day for patients to get an appointment?
- What type of patient would request urgent care for emergency cases via telehealth?
Use the answers from these questions and create marketing personas to help you capture specific traits and situations. Then create personalized content for each persona to build authority in the subject, which will eventually lead to a patient’s trust to book a telemedicine appointment with your practice.
Targeting Your Telemedicine Audience With Personalized Content
Selecting the right market for your product is essential to success. As telehealth service providers, you must consider the needs, wants, and priorities of patients and then market your offer to meet those demands.
This approach will show that your practice respects all the needs and requirements of your patients separately. For each demographic you are targeting, you should use content marketing to provide personalized content about your new service line that caters to each patient’s unique need.
Advertise In search To Market Your Telemedicine Services
One of the best ways to advertise your telemedicine service is to go for pay-per-click (PPC) advertising. PPC advertising allows you to create text ads in search engines like Google to boost your lead generation for telemedicine. With PPC ads, you can focus your bid on the keywords your telemedicine audience is searching for.
As a marketing strategy for telemedicine, PPC advertising is cost-effective. Once your PPC ad is live (via Google or similar), your campaign can be viewed almost instantaneously by many potential patients looking for telemedicine services.
To get started, creating a Google Ads account or contact one of our experienced PPC campaign managers to help launch your advertisement.
Engage Telemedicine Prospects With Landing Pages
Landing pages remain the best way to acquire new leads for your telemedicine services after getting potential patients to click on your ads.
Some qualities for an effective landing page design includes:
- A mobile and desktop responsive design layout
- A clear Call-To-Action that moves your audience to action
- Simple and straightforward application forms
- Graphics and personalized content for your patients
As a helpful tip, make sure to run tests on different design elements within your landing page to see what works best. Make sure to change one design or text element at a time to get the most valid data.
How Do You Market Telemedicine Services Using SEO
Another excellent method you can adopt for marketing telehealth services is search engine optimization (SEO). Search Engine Optimization is a marketing technique that pushes your site to the top of the search results and brings your telemedicine service line to the attention of your target audience. While there are many ways to boost your SEO & link building, here are some tips to get the most out of your SEO effort:
Effective SEO Techniques Include:
- Keyword Research: One of the key elements of SEO is keywords. By incorporating the correct keywords in your page, your site will go up in the organic search engine results. However, you have to use the right keywords; in this case, the keywords you can use are telehealth, telemedicine, and the different types of healthcare services you offer virtually.
- Content Writing: To attract more leads for our telehealth organization, you must develop a content creation strategy. When creating content for your business, its good practice to focus on answering your audience’s questions. By doing so, your audience will consider your website to be valuable and encourages them to convert.
- User Experience: A good user experience is essential to your site’s SEO and its placement in the search results. A checklist for excellent user experience includes smooth navigation, engaging multimedia, and digestible content that will generate leads effectively.
Capture More Telemedicine Patient Leads With Email Marketing
Email is an excellent marketing channel for virtual care services when reaching both existing and prospective patients. Email marketing offers a high response rate, and when used as part of a multichannel marketing strategy, response rates have been known to increase significantly.
Sending direct emails to prospective patients is also an effective way of procuring traffic for your site. The best way to do this is to create a campaign-specific telehealth landing page and include the URL within your direct mail piece. You can incentivize your email recipients to take action to visit your site by offering a time-sensitive offer or coupon to try your services.
Need Help Marketing Your Telemedicine Service?
Our team is ready to help you reach more patients and grow your practice online.